Sunday 1 February 2009

Back with a Vengance

So after a very long (not planned) hiatus, I will be back with regular weekly updates as of the 13th of February. The nursing course, James's impending book release and just life in general has lead to me having to take an unwanted break from my food blog, but I think I have finally figured out a balance of life and blog that will make this thing possible again.

I have decided to change the format of this blog slightly, but not to worry, it will still be a food blog. I bought a recipe book a while back titled, 'The American Diner Cookbook' by Elizabeth McKeon & Linda Everett. I bought this cookbook because I have always been fascinated by the good ole' American diners of the past and the mouth-watering food they dished up to their cross-country traveling customers. This book is jam-packed with awesome recipes and I have been wanting to try them out for a while. The new format of the blog will be that every week for the next 52 weeks, I will try one or more of the recipes from the book, give honest reviews and any translations from the US recipe to UK equivalents.

I think changing the format from what it used to be to this new way will not only be more managable, but a great way to try out this book. So tune in on Friday for the first recipe from 'The American Diner Cookbook'.

No comments: