Friday 19 September 2008

Being a Student Nurse .....

.... is going to be great! I am so excited about being back in school and I'm really glad that I've taken the plunge.

But of course this means that some things have recently taken a backseat to the course. One main thing being my obsession with baking. This past week I seem to be out of synch with baking and have had a few failures. I tried to make Cake Bites for my mother-in-law for her birthday at the weekend and they just would not form well. I think it was down to the fact that here in the UK we do not have pre-made Cream Cheese frosting and so I thought I would make my own and use it. Unfortunately, the frosting was not stiff enough and I'm pretty sure this was the downfall of the bites. Next were Home-made Doughnuts which turned out more like Fried Dough that you get at the State Fairs back home in the US. Not bad but not what I was aiming for.

So tonight since it's quite cold and windy, I have made an Apple Pie courtesy of Nigella Lawson. Nigella is one of my favourite TV chefs as you can really tell that she truly enjoys food and loves to cook. I highly recommend trying some of her recipes if you haven't already.

The smell of home-made apple pie always reminds me of home and Philosophy Apple Cider Bath Gel. Weird but true!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was one delicious apple pie, Madam T. If anyone can do apple pie right, it would have to be an American. The only down-side of the pie was that it made me drive my Chevy to the Levy, but the levy was dry.

litanyofbritt said...

i will be sending you a package of ramen noodles, cheeze its and cream cheese frosting. send me your adress kay?